There are many ingredients to a successful event, but don't fret , you can make a wonderful event happen. Remember, when you take care of the little things, the big things take care of themselves.
1. Leave adequate time to do everything. *A year ahead is not too early.
2. Shop around. You're compatible if there's give and take. If the person you're dealing with does all of the talking, beware. You and your needs are foremost.
3. Look at or listen to examples of the services offered.
4. Be cautious about achieving the lowest cost possible, remember that old saying, "you get what you pay for". Remember you're planning a major event in you life. Just shop around and get an idea of the going rates.
5. Regarding music, include a list of songs to play, and a list of no plays.
6. Save money: a ceremony or cocktail hour musician doesn't need a dinner; they are there for an hour or less. However, if the musicians are performing for more than 3 hours, its customary to feed them.
7. If you are happy with the service, a 10-15% tip is customary. Think about the crucial role the service played, in your event. If you just did a great job for someone, how would you want to be treated?
8. If something comes to mind, and you need to make a change, don't hesitate to call the company providing the service, they should be happy to accomodate you. Inquire about this before you sign a contract.
9. Try to finalize everything as soon as possible, with a contract. If you procrastinate, the company may be unavailable for the date you need, and you must start the search all over again. Prices can change. Don't hesitate.
* Next Level can commodate rush orders at an additional cost.